Pieces of Evidence to Include in Your Car Accident Claim
In addition to taking photographs of the vehicle damage and road conditions immediately after the accident, other key pieces of evidence include:
- Photos of Injuries: If you or anyone in your vehicle was injured in the car accident, you should take photos of the injuries at the scene or as soon after as possible. Try to include some sort of indication of size and proportion in the photographs.
- Police Report: If the police responded to the car accident, get a copy of the police report. This can help clarify the facts and help determine who was at fault. If there are other important facts pertaining to the accident, such as a drunk driving on the part of the other driver or fault by a third party, make personal notes. If you don’t have a police report, draw your own diagram of how the accident occurred.
- Medical bills and documents: Part of putting together a strong car accident claim is demonstrating the extent and severity of injuries caused by the accident. Collect medical bills that clearly show any doctor visits or medical procedures and check-ups associated with the injury.
- Proof of Missed Work: If you miss work because of your injuries associated with a car accident, you should gather copies of documents to prove how much work you missed. This can help your Villa Rica attorney calculate loss income and potential loss income.
- Statements from Witnesses: If there were witnesses to the accident, try to gather their contact information at the scene of the accident so that you can follow up to obtain written statements of what they saw happen, in as much detail as possible.
Injured in Villa Rica? Call a Georgia Injury Attorney for Legal help
If you were involved in a car accident, gathering evidence is the key to a successful claim. As the victim of a Villa Rica accident, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn’t you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case – 1-404-474-0804.