There are some dos and don'ts you should follow when filing a Georgia personal injury claim with your insurance company.
- Obtain as many details about the accident as possible, saving all paperwork;
- Report the facts of the accident to your insurance company; and
- Hire a car accident lawyer in Fayetteville.
- Admit liability or accuse the other party of liability at any point;
- Accept a settlement from your insurance company before consulting a car accident lawyer in Fayetteville; or
- Wait too long to file your Georgia personal injury claim.
Working with the Insurance Company
Report the accident as soon as you can to your insurance company after reading your insurance policy carefully. As you speak to an adjuster, offer only the honest facts of your Fayetteville car accident, not your opinion or speculation. Admitting fault may hurt your case by either decreasing your settlement amount or ruining your chances of receiving one at all.
Let a car accident lawyer in Fayetteville determine fault based on the facts. Hiring a lawyer will demand more respect and attention from the insurance company, which will do its best to close the case as quickly as possible and pay out as little as possible.
Do not accept a settlement check from your insurance adjuster until you consult a car accident lawyer in Fayetteville first. Save all medical bills, car repair receipts, rental car receipts, and the contact information of the parties involved, investigating police officer and insurance claim adjuster.
When filing a Georgia personal injury claim, your lawyer will examine the details of your Fayetteville car accident to maximize your settlement.
A car accident lawyer in Fayetteville will need:
- police reports;
- witness reports;
- medical information collected from your doctor; and
- your personal account and opinions of the accident and insurance information.
Your car accident lawyer in Fayetteville will use all these details and extensive knowledge of personal injury laws to advocate for you and enable you to get the most out of your Georgia personal injury claim.
Contacting a Fayetteville Car Accident Attorney
As the victim of a Georgia accident, you have rights the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 404-474-0804.