How do I handle the property damage to my car?

The insurance company for the driver that caused the wreck is required to either repair your car if it is repairable plus diminution in value, or to pay for what the car was worth just before it was wrecked. If the other driver did not have insurance, then your own insurance company can handle the property damage to your car and then will go after the other motorist for the money it expended to repair the car. For a number of reasons, sometimes it is simply easier to go through your own insurance company for repairs and they will, in turn, get reimbursed from the at fault driver's insurance company. Of course, you should make sure that your company pays the deductible back to you after it is reimbursed.