Treating a Child Head Injury after an Accident in Carroll County, GA

An accident in Carroll County, GA can cause major injuries, especially in children, and children are known for being accident prone. Running, playing sports, and playing with other children can sometimes result in serious injuries, such as a head injury. Once you have treated your child's head injury, look into services from a Temple personal injury attorney for compensation for your family's trauma.

But how do you know when a head injury is minor and can be treated at home or is more serious and must be treated by a physician at the hospital?

Keeping an eye on your children after an accident is extremely important. If your child has a few bumps or cuts, ice can be applied to the site of the injury.

However, if your child displays any of the signs below, you should immediately call 911 and seek emergency medical attention: 

  • intense constant headache;
  • dizziness;
  • confusion;
  • blurred vision;
  • nausea; and
  • fatigue.

These symptoms could indicate a concussion or even compression. Compression occurs when the brain begins to swell due to an influx of blood. Medical intervention is necessary to stabilize the skull and to decrease the chance of a coma or even death. Considering these signs are not displayed immediately, your child should be supervised for at least 72 hours.

Learn more about the effects of a traumatic brain injury after an accident in Carroll County, GA for children. 

Contacting a Temple Personal Injury Attorney

If your child has sustained a serious head injury after an accident in Carroll County, GA, an experienced Temple personal injury attorney can help you at this time. As the parent of an accident victim, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 404-474-0804.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment