Seeking Medical Attention for a Severe Rotator Cuff Injury
If you experience any of these signs or symptoms of a serious rotator cuff injury or rotator cuff tear you should consult with a doctor immediately:
- persistent pain for more than 2-3 days;
- you are unable to work because of the pain and/or limitations;
- after 2-3 days, you are still unable to reach up or to the side with the affected arm;
- you are completely not able to move the shoulder and arm; and
- you are unable to move the injured shoulder as well as the uninjured shoulder.
Recovering from a Rotator Cuff Injury
If you have a rotator cuff injury of a rotator cuff tear, there are some simple steps that can help you through the recovery.
- ice to reduce swelling;
- over the counter pain relieving medications; and
- using a sling during the daytime to help you get through work/school.
If you sustained your rotator cuff injury or rotator cuff tear from a Georgia car accident you should contact a Peachtree City accident lawyer to discuss your potential for compensation. Especially if the injury is serious as you may require surgery and ongoing treatment with a physical therapist.
When Surgery is Necessary
If your rotator cuff injury or rotator cuff tear is serious and you are young and active, you might require surgery to repair the damage. Indications of a more serious injury that you won't be able to recover from with simple rest include:
- you are less than 60 years old;
- a complete tear of tendon/muscle;
- after 6 weeks little or no recovery from other treatments;
- you are especially athletic or a professional sports person; and
- your job requires constant shoulder use.
When you sustain a serious rotator cuff injury after an accident, your best bet is to contact a Peachtree City accident lawyer who can help you file a claim, as surgery and therapy can quickly become expensive. While you focus on recovery, your Peachtree City accident lawyer will have the resources and experience to adequately determine liability and deal with the details of your claim.
Contacting a Peachtree City Accident Lawyer
A rotator cuff injury can be a serious affair with significant medical costs. As the victim of a Georgia accident, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 404-474-0804.