Many of the symptoms of brain injuries are often overlooked and not fully understood. If you or someone you love has suffered a serious brain injury in a Georgia car accident, you'll want to work closely with medical professionals to better understand the injury, as well as with a Mount Zion, GA, car accident lawyer to handle the legal side of the accident.
Brain injuries vary in severity, from mild to severe, and therefore, so do the symptoms. It can be very difficult to fully comprehend the impact a brain injury can have on an individual, especially due to the fact that not all medical test evaluations result in a predictable pattern.
Myths Associated with Brain Injuries After Georgia Car Accident
Myths to be aware of include:
- severe brain injuries always result in a loss of consciousness;
- only a blow to the head can cause a severe brain injury;
- normal results on medical tests completely rule out a brain injury;
- traumatic brain injuries always produce immediate side effects;
- every TBI patient suffers similar and predictable symptoms;
- people always fully recover from a brain injury; and
- mild brain injuries don't result in disabilities.
None of these assumptions are true. Brain injuries are complex and the medical community is still learning more about the nature and treatment of them.
If you have questions specific to your Georgia car accident, try contacting a Mount Zion, GA, car accident lawyer who can be extremely instrumental in filing a claim and resolving legal issues for you.
Consulting a Mount Zion, GA Car Accident Lawyer
It's important not to overlook any symptoms of a brain injury and to seek medical advice when warning signs arise. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in a Georgia car accident, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 404-474-0804.