Traumatic brain injuries can be difficult to diagnose and may take time to manifest symptoms. If you've been in a car crash in Union City, GA, and have suffered brain injuries as a result, talk about your case with a Georgia brain injury attorney to discuss your options.
Because of the complex nature of the brain and nervous system, it can be difficult to understand brain injuries.
There a several common misconceptions people tend to have about brain injuries:
- Severity - Many people aren't aware of the serious nature of a brain injury, which can disrupt life, affect income and earning potential, and reduce overall life quality.
- Temporary - Many wrongly assume brain injuries are temporary, when research shows that permanent, persistent effects are quite common.
- Immediacy - It's wrong to assume a brain injury will cause immediate symptoms. Symptoms may be delayed and progressive.
- Misleading Testing - Negative MRIs, CT scans and EEGs don't necessarily indicate that a brain injury isn't present; the tests may not be adequately sensitive or specific to detect an abnormality.
- Unconsciousness - Many people assume a loss of consciousness always occurs when with a traumatic brain injury, when sometimes only a dazed state of consciousness occurs.
If you're experiencing delayed symptoms of a head injury after a car crash in Union City, GA, seek immediate medical attention to receive a diagnosis and treatment. And, if your injury was due to another's negligence, speak to a Georgia brain injury attorney about how you may be able to file a personal injury claim.
Consulting a Georgia Brain Injury Attorney
You can receive help from a specialized Georgia brain injury attorney if you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a car crash in Union City, GA. You have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 1-404-474-0804.