What about my wages while I am out of work?

The only way you can get help now is if your company has sick leave or if you have any private disability policy or you were injured while on the job. If you were hurt while you were on the job then you may have a workers' compensation claim. There are lots of deadlines and hoops you must jump through to protect your rights in those situations and you need to contact an attorney who specializes in that area. While we do not practice Worker's Compensation law, we know several very good lawyers who do and will refer you to one in your area.