What if my accident occurred in Atlanta?

You can get an accident report for an accident that happened in the City of Atlanta through BuyCrash.com or by visiting the Central Records Unit between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., at:

                        Atlanta Public Safety Annex

                        3493 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy NW

                        Atlanta, GA 30331


Where can I get a copy of an accident report in an Atlanta county?

Fulton, Gwinnett, and Clayton counties allow you to get your accident report online through BuyCrash.com. You can get your accident report in person or by other means from these metropolitan Atlanta counties:

Fulton County

Old National Precinct

5539 Old National Highway

College Park, GA 30349


Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Records and Reports

141 Pryor Street

Atlanta, GA 30303


Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

DeKalb County

DeKalb County Police Dept. Central Records

1960 W. Exchange Place

2nd Floor Room 210

Tucker, GA 30084


Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Gwinnett County

Police Headquarters

770 Hi Hope Road

Lawrenceville, GA 30044


Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Cobb County

You may request your report online.

Clayton County

Records Unit

Clayton County Police Department

7911 N. McDonough St.

Jonesboro, GA 30236


Monday through Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Thursdays and Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Coweta County

You may contact a records custodian by email or request your report online. You may also visit:

Records Custodian

Coweta County Sheriff’s Office

560 Greison Trail

Newnan, GA 30263

Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Douglas County

Douglas County Sheriff’s Office

8470 Earl D. Lee Blvd.

Douglasville, GA 30134


Fayette County

You may submit a request online or via mail, fax, or in person to:

Tameca White

Fayette County Board of Commissioners

140 Stonewall Avenue West, Suite 100

Fayetteville, GA 30214

770-305-5103 Phone

770-305-5224 Fax

Henry County

Henry County Sheriff’s Office

120 Henry Parkway

McDonough, GA 30253


Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Is there an easier way to get an accident report?

Law enforcement agencies allow attorneys to obtain accident reports on behalf of their clients. At the Law Office of Jason R. Schultz, PC, we can identify the law enforcement agency involved in your accident and request your accident report.

If you suffered injuries from a car accident that was not your fault, we can help. Call our attorneys today at 404-474-0804 to set up your free consultation.

Jason R. Schultz
Helping Georgia area residents with car accident, medical malpractice, and personal injury claims since 1991.