During your consultation with the medical malpractice attorney, there will be two top priorities, first, relaying the facts about your case so he/she can accurately assess it. Second, you can bring this list of questions to ask a medical malpractice attorney with you and get some answers about your case.It’s easy to become distracted and forget important topics, so have some notes handy.
Questions to Ask Prospective Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Below are standard questions that your med mal lawyer should be able to answer. You might want to print off the list, amend it as needed, and bring it with you to your consult.
- Do you think I have a valid medical malpractice case worth pursuing? Do I need an attorney to represent me?
- What types of evidence, info, and paperwork do you need me to collect for you?
- What is your current caseload? Do you have enough time to tend to my case?
- Who will I be working with throughout the case? The attorney? An assistant?
- What is your preferred method of contact, and how long does it usually take you to reply?
- How long have you practiced medical malpractice law? Are you familiar with the local courts and judges?
- Have you handled any similar cases? What was the outcome?
- What is your general success rate? Do you have any client testimonials?
- How many of your cases settle out of court, and how many go to trial?
- What is your educational and professional background? Do you have any notable industry ratings or hold memberships in legal associations?
- How long do you estimate the case to take?
- How will you keep me informed about the status of my case?
- What are your fees?
Schedule a Free Consultation with Attorney Jason R. Schultz
For a free no-obligation consult with medical malpractice lawyer Jason R. Schultz, contact the office today at 404-474-0804. We are here to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to bring your list of questions along to the consultation.