Children are a high-risk group for pedestrian accidents, given their size and traffic inexperience, and it's important that engineers focus on solutions that increase pedestrian safety. A Clayton County child injury law firm can answer any questions you have if your child has been injured in an accident in Forest Park, Georgia.
Engineer Safety Improvements
Unfortunately, most residential neighborhoods have been built with cars (not pedestrians) in mind. Improvements may include:
- posting more warning signs;
- increasing "WALK" time on pedestrian signals to give children enough time to cross;
- developing tactics to slow traffic, such as narrower streets and speed humps;
- moving bus stop locations to safer areas;
- improving maintenance systems on sidewalks and roadways;
- creating more "NO TURN ON RED" intersections;
- building more multi-use paths and pedestrian malls;
- improving lighting on streets; and
- putting more sidewalks, bike lanes and safe walking areas in work zones.
Entire roadways have already been established that hardly take pedestrians into account. Engineers are needed to re-establish traffic safety procedures and create roadway improvements that keep pedestrians, cyclists and motorists safe.
If your child has been hurt in a pedestrian accident in Forest Park, Georgia, contact a Clayton County child injury law firm to file a claim and receive compensation for any injuries your child has suffered.
Contacting a Clayton County Child Injury Law Firm
Addressing engineering problems can help prevent a childhood pedestrian accident in Forest Park, Georgia, which can leave a family shattered. As the victim of a Clayton County accident, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case: 1-404-474-0804.