Your Checklist for Getting Your Driver’s License
In the state of Georgia, Class C driver's license applicants must be at least 18 years old. There are several documents required. The following is a checklist of items required to get a Class C license for drivers in Atlanta and throughout Georgia:
- Identification - must show name, residential address, Social Security number and U.S. citizenship (or proof of lawful presence);
- Out-of-State Driver's License/ID/Permit - must surrender if a new resident in Georgia; and
- Certified Copy of Driving Record or Motor Vehicle Report - when applicant loses out-of-state license or it's stolen.
There is a $20 fee for a five-year license and $32 fee for an eight-year license. There are also particular requirements for applying for a provisional driver's license and renewing a license. The following checklist will ensure you're organized and prepared under Georgia's driver license law.
Documents You Will Need to Get Your Class D Provisional Driver's License
A Class D license requirements identification and the out-of-state documents mentioned above (if applicable). Review the following list for documents you may need to gather when applying for a Class D provisional driver’s license:
- instructional permit - surrendered at time of testing for Class D provisional driver's license;
- proof of driving experience - requires 40 hours supervised with at least six hours nighttime driving;
- certificate of completion - driver education course required if 16 years old;
- Certificate of Attendance (DS-1) - dated within last 30 days (or may provide a high school diploma or GED); and
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP or eADAP) Certificate of Completion - program required for applicants under the age of 18.
There is a $10 fee for a five-year provisional license.
Documents You Will Need to Renew Your Driver's License
Those renewing their licenses will need identification. It is the same as those applying for a Class C or D license: name, address, Social Security number, and proof of lawful presence or citizenship in United States. It's important to note that regardless of the type of license, when submitting documents proving identity, only original or certified copies accepted.
Having the right documents will make the process smoother. See our blog for more information important to drivers in Atlanta and throughout Georgia, especially those in a car accident.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Your Checklist for Getting Your Driver’s License"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."