Other Risk Factors for a Dog Attack in Georgia
The following are some additional risk factors that research has shown to be associated with being attacked by a dog:
- Breed & Parents: A particular breed of dog may have aggression ‘bred into' it and/or the mother/father of the dog may have been especially aggressive. Research has also shown that dogs from so called ‘puppy mills,' abusive large-scale breeding operations, are especially aggressive.
- Socialization: The likelihood of being attacked by a dog is greatly determined by how socialized, or familiar, the dog is with different stimuli, especially those produced by children. A dog that has grown up interacting with children and other dogs is less likely to be aggressive.
- Training: Being attacked by a dog can be caused not only by training the dog to threaten people, but also by a dog that is poorly trained or not trained at all.
- Health: You can be attacked by a dog that is sick or injured and feels threatened.
- Your behavior: You can be attacked by a dog from a variety of behaviors, not just actions that we would understand as provocation, for example a baby rolling over in a bed.
Who is responsible when you have been attacked by a dog?
If you were a victim of a dog attack in Georgia it is most likely the owner of the dog who is liable for the damages caused by the animal. Of course, like most laws there are exceptions, which you can discuss with a Peachtree City dog attack attorney. For example, if you were only involved in a dog attack in Georgia because you were trespassing on someone's property, a Peachtree City dog attack attorney will tell you that the owner is probably not liable.
How the law holds the owner responsible for a dog attack in Georgia is generally supported by research, which has shown that root causes for an aggressive dog can usually be traced to the owner. An aggressive breed that was raised in an unhealthy, isolated, undisciplined environment can be a dangerous mix.
When you've been the victim of a dog attack in Georgia, a Peachtree City dog attack attorney will likely review the risk factors to see if they may have played a part in your injuries. When a dog's behavior went unchecked because of the carelessness of its owners, you may very well have a valid personal injury claim on your hands.
Contacting a Peachtree City Dog Attack Attorney
If you were seriously injured in a dog attack in Georgia, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The law and research holds irresponsible dog owners liable for their dangerous animals. Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 404-474-0804.