Living with Paralysis after an Atlanta Car Accident

The impact on an individual’s life will depend on the severity of the injury. If there is still some degree of function, the ability to move forward might be somewhat easier. But it certainly does not take away from the challenges and stress that will be felt as a victim tries to get back their life, which is why a personal injury claim may be pursued.

It can be difficult emotionally. Learning to adjust to a new way of living can cause depression, anxiety and other psychological problems.

Physically, it may mean learning how to use braces or a wheelchair. If there are difficulties with breathing or bladder/bowel functions, there will be exercises and specialized training that have to be learned.

Paralysis can lead to months of physical therapy or living in a rehabilitation center. It can also require changes to be made in the home to accommodate a wheelchair.

Many of the things that an individual with paralysis once did on their own may now require assistance. This sudden reliance upon others to help—whether its professionals, family or friends—can lead to a reduced quality of life. Paralysis can impact the victim’s social life, ability to work and other areas.

Contacting an Atlanta, GA Car Accident Attorney

In addition to adjusting to a new way of living, an individual with paralysis will be dealing with significant medical expenses. Some of these may continue for many years. To learn how you can get compensation for your personal injury expenses, read our free eBook: The Ultimate Guide to Accident Cases in Georgia: The Truth about your Injury Case.

Between the mounting medical bills, lost income and other losses, it can leave a victim wondering what legal options are available. When someone else’s negligence caused you to sustain severe injuries in a car accident, compensation may be available through a personal injury claim.

For help with your claim and learning what your rights are, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case – 404-474-0804.