It’s estimated that about 130,000 individuals are injured each year in the United States as a result of commercial truck accidents. These accidents can result in serious damage because of the drivers' negligence. As the victim of a Georgia truck accident, you have legal rights that should be protected. To discuss your potential injury claim, you should schedule a meeting with a Carroll County lawyer.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are often caused by several different factors, some of which include the following:
- rollover wreck when a driver exceeds the speed limit and causes internal cargo to shift;
- drivers taking sharp and unnecessary turns and causing a jackknife situation;
- cargo spills from unsecured equipment or reckless driving;
- drivers ignoring traffic laws and speeding to make deliveries on time;
- fatigued or impaired drivers; and
- general carelessness or reckless driving (talking and texting).
Since the aftermath of a Georgia truck accident can be especially devastating and life-altering, you should reach out to a Carroll County lawyer for assistance. If you try to handle such a case on your own, you may not get the necessary compensation to aide in your recovery.
Common Injuries that Can Result from a Georgia Truck Accident
Among the injuries often seen after truck accidents are:
- lacerations and severe burns;
- organ damage;
- nerve damage;
- multiple fractures (broken bones);
- brain injuries and permanent damage;
- spinal cord damage and various forms of paralysis;
- disfigurement and loss of limbs; and
These types of injuries can create substantial medical expenses and cause you to miss a significant amount of work, or even lose your job altogether. If it is determined that a truck driver is at fault for your Georgia truck accident you will want to speak with a Carroll County lawyer immediately. You will want to start receiving compensation immediately for the monies that you are losing while you are injured.
Contacting a Carroll County Lawyer
As the victim of a Georgia truck accident, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn’t you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case – 404-474-0804.