Usually, the first step in the legal process is filing what is known as a notice of claim. This is basically a document informing the government that you have been injured, and it should be filed even if fault for the accident is not completely clear at the time. The notice of claim basically gives the government a chance to address the issue in the hopes that an agreement or settlement can be reached before a lawsuit is filed.

In most cases, the notice of claim must be filed within six months after an accident for municipalities and one year for counties and state government entities. So if you do wish to initiate a Georgia personal injury claim against a Georgia government entity, it is vital that you secure the services of a Peachtree City personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.

Contacting a Peachtree City Injury Attorney

As the victim of a Georgia accident, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to set up a no cost consultation of your case - 404-474-0804.
Jason R. Schultz
Helping Georgia area residents with car accident, medical malpractice, and personal injury claims since 1991.