If you are in a position to file a Decatur, Georgia truck accident claim there is a good chance that you're facing costly bills for medical care and property damage. If the truck accident was caused by the negligence of another driver then you may be eligible to receive compensation for your financial, emotional, and physical costs. A personal injury attorney in Georgia can explain your legal options and help you take steps toward seeking compensation.
Available Damages in a Decatur, Georgia Truck Accident Claim
The process of filing a personal injury claim can be intimidating and it is recommended that you have a personal injury attorney in Georgia help you. An attorney can answer any questions you have and keep you on track with deadlines as he or she will be more familiar with the overall legal process.
Proving negligence can be a difficult process. To increase your chances of success you will need strong evidence to prove that the truck driver, truck manufacturer, or trucking company is at fault. The damages you may be able to recover are as follows:
- medical expenses (past, present and future if they are related to the accident);
- lost wages (current and projected future amounts if you are unable to return to work);
- permanent disability benefits;
- pain and suffering (both physical and emotional);
- punitive damages (if your case goes to trial and a judge decides harsh punishment is necessary, such as in a case involving a DUI or the intentional use of faulty parts in a truck); and
- any other miscellaneous expenses related to the accident.
To protect your case, you should meet with an attorney as soon as possible so evidence can be preserved.
Contacting a Personal Injury Attorney in Georgia
As the victim of a Georgia truck accident, you have rights that the insurance companies can't ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 404-474-0804.