If you have been bitten or attacked by someone's dog in Peachtree City, Georgia, that person may try to defend their dog's actions by using legal defenses against you, the victim.
Some of these defenses may include statements such as:
- the victim provoked the dog bite attack;
- the victim knowingly took the risk of being bitten by the dog;
- the victim was trespassing at the time of the attack;
- the victim was breaking the law at the time of the attack; or
- the victim was unreasonably careless (and that carelessness contributed to their personal injury).
Don't let such defenses stop you from pursuing damages in a Peachtree dog bite claim. A Peachtree City dog bite lawyer is all too familiar with such defenses and has the experience and knowledge to fight for your rights.
A Peachtree City dog bite lawyer can help you, the victim, pursue the damages to which you may be entitled, including:
- medical expenses;
- post-traumatic stress (or fear of dogs);
- lost wages; and
- psychological trauma from scarring and disfigurement.
To discuss your legal options, you should seek the advice of a Peachtree City dog bite lawyer. If you do decide to file a Georgia dog bite claim, a Peachtree City dog bite lawyer knows the evidence you'll need to prove the extent of your injuries, whether it's photographs, medical records or witness testimony.
A Peachtree City dog bite lawyer can work with you through every step of your Georgia dog bite claim, to build a strong case on your behalf.
Contacting a Peachtree City Dog Bite Lawyer
If you have been bitten or attacked by a dog in Clayton County, you may be eligible for compensation. As the victim of a Peachtree City, Georgia dog bite, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore.
While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a no-cost consultation - 404-474-0804.