Depending upon the specifics of your insurance or health care plan, you may have to reimburse your insurance company if your Georgia personal injury case was successful. Your personal injury lawyer is able to look at your insurance policy after your accident in Temple, Georgia, to determine if this applies to you.

If you have a federally regulated health plan, such as Medicare or Medicaid, there is a possibility that you may have to pay back the medical bills that were covered for you prior to winning your settlement. Sometimes, however, these government programs can choose to decide to reduce your bills or release your debts for medical expenditures.

Whether or not you have to reimburse your insurance company (if it is a Georgia-regulated company) is dependent upon whether the insurance company considers you fully compensated and "made whole" after  your successful Georgia personal injury case. This is the only time an insurance company can legally make you pay back your medical expenses they covered, under Georgia's Reimbursement Statute.

In most cases, as long as you are not under a federal government health plan, you will not have to give any money back to your insurance company for taking care of your medical bills for your injuries after your accident. 

After your personal injury case for your accident in Temple, Georgia is wrapped up, your Georgia personal injury attorney can provide you with information on if or how this statute affects you and your compensation package.

Consulting a Georgia Personal Injury Attorney

You may or may not have to give money back to your insurance company if your Georgia personal injury case was successful.  As the victim of an accident in Temple, Georgia, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 1-404-474-0804.