Q: How can I prevent falling on ice? Some Tips for the Peachtree City Winter
There are several simple precautions you can take to reduce your risk of slipping and falling this winter in Peachtree City. You can follow the tips below for how to prevent falling on ice.
Tips for How to Prevent Falls on Ice
A slip and fall accident on ice can happen to anyone in cold climate, even when being careful. Researchers at Luleå University of Technology in Sweden published a paper on the topic in the journal Ergonomics noting, “Although icy and snowy surfaces near melting temperature are more slippery, more important still, slip and falls on icy and snowy surfaces involve not only outdoor workers, but also pedestrians and the general public…”
Regardless of if you’re going to work or to another public area, the falling prevention tips below can help you avoid a painful – and potentially dangerous – fall on ice.
- Allow extra time to get to your destination. Take your time walking and watch your footing. Rushing will increase your risk of slipping.
- Wear shoes with rubber soles and good traction. Ice is not the place for heels or leather soles.
- If handrails are available, use them.
- Take small purposeful steps.
- Keep your hands free for balance. Don’t have your hands in your pockets.
- Don’t attempt to carry too much at one time.
- If you know a certain area tends to ice up, avoid it altogether if possible.
If you’re ever hurt in a slip and fall accident at a place of business, your workplace, or another person’s property, you should know that you might be eligible for compensation via an injury claim. Our premises liability blog contains many helpful entries you may find useful.
Consult a local premises liability attorney to discuss your case and determine your legal options if you ever suffer injuries on another’s property. Contact the Law Office of Jason R. Schultz, P.C to set up a free legal consultation. Call today: 404-474-0804.