Another example is when a psychologist intentionally inflicts emotional distress on the patient or if there is a breach in trust, such as sharing personal information online.

Establishing Damages against a Psychologist in a Malpractice Claim

These are just some ways to show a breach in the duty of care owed. But there also has to be evidence that it resulted in damages. Unlike most other types of malpractice cases, it may or may not include medical bills. If the harm necessitates additional psychological care, then it might.

Many times damages address the emotional impact the patient suffered. This could lead to compensation for mental anguish and more.

The laws surrounding malpractice cases are oftentimes complicated. When they involve psychologists, they present other challenges. To learn about one's right to pursue compensation, talk with legal counsel. An attorney can determine the viability of a claim and help assemble evidence. Also, he or she can establish the types of damages to include in the claim.

Call Jason R. Schultz at 404-474-0804 to set up a consultation about your case.

Jason R. Schultz
Helping Georgia area residents with car accident, medical malpractice, and personal injury claims since 1991.