What Is The Treatment For A Bulging Or Herniated Disc?

If your doctor suspects you have a bulging disc, he or she will first conduct a physical examination to evaluate your pain and look for weakness or changes in sensation or reflexes. Sometimes your doctor will order imaging tests, such as an x-ray, CAT scan, or MRI, before making a diagnosis.

Depending on the level and severity of your injury, your doctor may prescribe a few days or weeks of rest, pain medication, and anti-inflammatory drugs. In severe cases, you may need physical therapy or surgery to reduce back pain and return to your previous level of mobility.

Most people recover from a herniated disc, but some do not. A bulging disc can cause long-term or permanent injury, especially if you have an underlying medical condition, a history of back problems, or your back injury is particularly severe. Even if you initially recuperate well from your spinal injury, 3 to 5 percent of patients experience a second rupture sometime later.

Treating a bulging disc can mean you will face costly medical bills and significant time off work while you recuperate and undergo physical therapy. If you are facing a permanent disability, you may never earn the same income you did prior to your fall.

How Can I Recoup My Losses After A Slip And Fall Accident?

If your bulging disc occurred after a fall on someone else’s property, you may be eligible for compensation for your expenses. The premises liability attorneys with the Law Office of Jason R. Schultz, PC, can file a claim on your behalf to help you recover the costs you are facing because of your injury.

Contact A Premises Liability Attorney

We can calculate the value of your claim, including all of your medical expenses and lost wages. We will also consider the long-term impact of your injury and the costs you will face down the road. Then, we will negotiate directly with the property owner’s insurer to get you the full compensation you deserve.

Our initial consultations are free, so call us today at 404-474-0804 to set up an appointment. 

Jason R. Schultz
Helping Georgia area residents with car accident, medical malpractice, and personal injury claims since 1991.