When you suffer a severe injury in a car accident in Georgia, you may be faced with a long road to recovery, in addition to mounting medical bills and time spent away from work. All of these things can lead to financial disaster for even the most economically secure families. This is why many victims of negligence choose to pursue compensation through a Georgia personal injury lawsuit.

A personal injury claim may be able to help you secure the necessary resources to address your medical bills, as well as providing for your family in the event that you are unable to return to work. But before you can benefit from the compensation to which you may be entitled, you will have to navigate the sometimes complicated world of a Georgia personal injury claim.

Once you are able to supply your Peachtree City accident attorney with all of the pertinent details of your case, they can handle the "heavy lifting" for you when it comes to filing all of the paperwork associated with your Georgia personal injury claim. There are many stages in a personal injury lawsuit, which will vary depending on the circumstances of your case. Generally speaking you can expect the following steps in your claim: 

  • Filing of the complaint;
  • Summons/service of process;
  • Answer;
  • Counterclaim;
  • Reply to counterclaim;
  • Cross-claim; and
  • Answer to cross-claim. 

To learn more about the process of a Georgia personal injury claim and what is involved in each of these stages, visit our article library. 

Contacting a Peachtree City Car Accident Attorney

As the victim of a Georgia car accident, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, order a FREE copy of our consumer guide, The Ultimate Guide to Accident Cases in Georgia - The Truth About Your Injury Case and contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 404-474-0804.

Post A Comment