Signs of a Dangerous Ride: Tips for Staying Safe at Amusement Parks
Approximately 4,400 kids are injured each year on amusement park rides, according to The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Accidents are caused by numerous factors including operator error, mechanical or structural issues, or passenger misuse. Many of them are avoidable by taking simple safety precautions. This starts with recognizing signs of a dangerous ride.
Identifying Signs of a Dangerous Ride
It’s important to explain the basic safety rules of amusement park rides to your child prior the visiting the theme park. The rules are in place for riders’ safety, and breaking the rules, e.g., taking off your lap bar or standing up mid-ride, can cause major injury or death.
Also, keep a close eye on the ride equipment and operators, as well. If the equipment looks rickety or hazardous, or the operator seems distracted or unknowledgeable, you should avoid the ride.
Below are a few safety tips that can help you and your family recognize potential amusement park hazards and stay safe at your next amusement park visit.
- Check the ride’s height, age, weight, and health restrictions. Do not allow your child on the ride if he or she doesn’t meet the specifications.
- Briefly scan the ride. If you notice any loose parts, exposed wires, or any other hazards, do not allow your child on the ride, and report the issues to the park manager.
- Listen to the ride. If it sounds like a machine in need of repair, do not board it.
- Double-check that the seat bars and belts are secured tightly for each ride, and do not remove them until the ride has stopped and the attendant has told you to do so.
- Do not purposefully rock the cart, and keep your hands in the ride at all times.
- Assess your child’s ability to follow the rules. If you think your child might have a hard time obeying, it’s advisable not to allow him or her on the ride for his or her own safety.
Theme Park Injury Attorney in Atlanta
If you or your child were injured at an amusement park in Atlanta, call the Law Offices of Jason R. Schultz to discuss your legal options. Contact us today at 404-474-0804 to schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Signs of a Dangerous Ride: Staying Safe at Amusement Parks"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."