An accident with any kind of car can cause injuries, and in the case of a Georgia truck accident, the injuries can be dramatically worse due to the size and weight of commercial vehicles. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Georgia truck accident, you should discuss your legal options with a Carroll County lawyer.
Common Injuries in a Georgia Truck Accident
About 22% of truck accidents in the United States result in injury and 30% of these accidents are caused by driver fatigue and impairment. Common injuries in truck accidents in Georgia include:
- serious burns and lacerations – especially in trucks carrying chemicals such as gas or oil;
- loss of limb – amputation of any extremities can affect you physically, emotionally and financially;
- brain injury –depending on its severity, brain trauma can lead to long-term rehabilitation;
- spinal cord trauma – this can cause paralysis, numbness, difficulty breathing and sensory changes, depending on where the trauma has occurred; and
- death – a wrongful death claim may be filed if you have lost a loved one in a Georgia truck accident.
The aftermath of a truck accident can lead to substantial medical expenses and missed work. Therefore, it's important that you speak with a Carroll County lawyer as soon as possible.
Contacting a Carroll County Lawyer
As the victim of a Georgia truck accident, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn’t you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case – 404-474-0804.