6 Tips to Prevent Dog Bite Attacks in Georgia
1/19/2012Sadly, hundreds of children are injured in dog bite attacks in Georgia each year, many of which could have been prevented. If your child has been involved in a dog bite incident, you might be able to file a claim to recover compensation, but you’ll first need to talk with a Georgia dog bite lawyer to discuss the specifics of the accident.
To promote safety, try sharing these 6 dog bite prevention tips with your family.
- Don’t approach an unfamiliar dog. If a strange dog approaches, stand still, avoid eye contact, and avoid the temptation to run (which could trigger the dog’s attack instincts).
- Don’t roughhouse with dogs or do things that might make them act aggressively.
- Try to read dogs’ body language; look closely for a dog’s warning signs that they’re about to attack (stiff tail, staring, snarling).
- Always ask the dog’s owner if you can pet the dog before nearing it.
- Don’t disturb a dog that’s sleeping, eating, or nursing puppies.
- Never leave a child alone with a dog, and make sure any dog that you welcome into your family is properly trained and good with children.
Contacting a Carroll County Dog Bite Lawyer
Exercising safety around dogs can prevent attacks and save lives. As the victim of a dog bite attack in Georgia, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn’t you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case – 404-474-0804.
Category: Dog Bites/Animal Attacks
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "6 Tips to Prevent Dog Bite Attacks in Georgia"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."