Resources for People Hurt in Personal Injury Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Information Systems and Networks: The Commercial Vehicle Information Systems and Networks (CVISN) program is a key component of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA's) drive to improve commercial motor vehicle safety. The CVISN Program supports FMCSA's goals by focusing safety enforcement on high-risk operators; integrating systems to improve the accuracy, integrity, and verifiability of credentials; improving efficiency through electronic screening of commercial vehicles; and
enabling online application and issuance of credentials.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), in cooperation with its partners and customers, strives to reduce crashes, injuries and fatalities involving large trucks and buses
- Georgia's Commercial Driver's Manual: Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers in Georgia.
- The FMCSA Safety and Fitness Electronic Records (SAFER) System: This site offers company safety data and related services to industry and the public over the Internet. Users can search FMCSA databases, register for a USDOT number, pay fines online, order company safety profiles, challenge FMCSA data using the DataQs system, access the Hazardous Material Route registry, obtain National Crash and Out of Service rates for Hazmat Permit Registration, get printable registration forms and find information about other FMCSA Information Systems.
- Truck Accident Safety in Georgia: Truck Safety Rules in Georgia. Motor Carrier Compliance.
- Truck Safety Coalition: The Truck Safety Coalition is a partnership between The Citizens for Reliable and Safe Highways (CRASH) Foundation, and Parents Against Tired Truckers (P.A.T.T). The Truck Safety Coalition is dedicated to reducing the number of deaths and injuries caused by truck-related crashes, providing compassionate support to truck crash survivors and families of truck crash victims, and educating the public, policy-makers and media about truck safety issues.
- Underride Network: The Underride Network is concerned with issues affecting crash compatibility between small and larger vehicles including all sizes of trucks and SUV's. We support improved underride guards for large trucks and trailers; on the front, side, and rear! World regulation of guards has not kept pace with technological advancements to save lives and prevent injuries. We believe truck safety and vehicle compatibility are human rights issues and governments must address these issues from this perspective to ensure the safety and well being of their citizens.
- Atlanta Car Accident Report: Up to the minute traffic reports, including car and truck accidents and other traffic stoppages and slow downs.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission: The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard or can injure children. The CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.
- Distracted Driving - National Highway Traffic Administration:
The U.S. DOT has heard America’s call to end the dangerous practice of distracted driving on our nation’s roadways. Distracted driving is a serious, life-threatening practice. The message is simple – Put it down while driving!
The President’s Executive Order has established a new way to approach driving – by putting your device down and paying attention to the task at hand. The USDOT is working together to share knowledge and promote a greater understanding of distracted driving. The is a great resource so check back to this site often so you can stay abreast of our progress and to view the latest updates and information.
- Federal Highway Administration: Safety Research, Training & Facts/Statistics
- Georgia Board of Medical Examiners: The Georgia Board of Medical Examiners regulates the medical profession.
- Georgia's Department of Driver's Services: House Bill 501, enacted by the General Assembly in the 2005 Legislative Session, approved as of July 1, 2005, disbanded the DMVS and transferred the responsibility for issuing driver's licenses and maintaining driving records to the Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- Governor's Office of Consumer Protection:
The purpose of the Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer protection is to enforce Georgia's Fair Business practices Act and other consumer protection laws. This website is set up to get information about credit and debt, lemon laws, checking the reputation of a business, buying a car, landlord tenant issues and information about magistrate courts. You can get information, have your questions answered or file a complaint online on the website.
- National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers: NAPIL is a national organization created for the general public seeking compensation for their personal injury including a comprehensive and easily accessible directory of personal injury lawyers nationwide. It's primary objectives are to improve access to personal injury lawyers and their services, to foster an environment of fellowship and free exchange of ideas among member personal injury lawyers for a better understanding of personal injury laws, to provide a source of information for the public, media and legislators in support of the personal injury litigation and to promote justice for those wrongfully injured by the negligence of others.
- National Motor Vehicle Title Information System: Electronic titling database that protects consumers from fraud and unsafe vehicles
- New Doctor: doctor, medical, physician
- New Lawyer: legal resources, lawyer
- People over Profits: Grassroots Network to Protect the Civil Justice System