Selecting a Medical Malpractice Attorney for Your Case
If a trip to the doctor caused you to suffer more pain than healing, you may be the victim of medical malpractice. It is an unfortunate truth in contemporary society that doctors and nurses can make mistakes, and those mistakes can cause serious and permanent injuries. If you are suffering the ill effects of medical negligence, you should not hesitate to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
But finding an attorney to represent you in that lawsuit may not be as easy as you think. Personal injury attorneys are not the same as medical malpractice attorneys. A medical malpractice attorney in Atlanta will have the specialized knowledge and skills necessary to deal with the complex process of filing a malpractice claim. Personal injury attorneys may not have those skills.
Finding the Right Attorney
There are several questions you should ask when you are looking for a medical malpractice attorney. These questions include:
- Does the attorney specialize in medical malpractice?
- Does he or she have helpful information available on the firm's website?
- Is the attorney an active member of a personal injury trial lawyers’ association?
- Is the attorney in good standing with the state bar association? (you can check by visiting the bar association’s website)
- What is this attorney’s track record and what percentage of his or her cases have been medical malpractice?
- Is the law firm financially solid?
At the Law Office of Jason R. Schultz, our attorneys are ready to answer any questions you might have about our firm or your claim. We are familiar with the difficulties of medical malpractice cases and know what it takes to win one. Call us today for a free consultation: (404) 474-0804.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Selecting a Medical Malpractice Attorney for Your Case"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."