2013 Child Car Seats Recalls
A defect in a product designed for children could pose the risk of injury or death. But these dangers are elevated in certain types of products.
Consider that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicate the leading cause of death for children in the United States is motor vehicle accidents. Imagine how much more that risk is increased when a child is using a defective car seat. Take a look at some of the most recent recalls.
Recalls on Child Car Seats: 2013
Parents can visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s car seat recall page for more complete information.
Below are a few recalls from 2013, as well as a more recent one in early 2014:
- Combi USA Inc: Recall actually began in January 2014 on child restraint systems, for failure to meet the minimum breaking strength requirements for harness webbing. Defect is inadequate securement.
- Eddie Bauer: NHTSA instructed the company to recall the product in August 2013. Certain models fail to meet federal labeling requirements. Installation arrows on rear-facing belt path aren’t correct. This could lead to incorrect seat installation.
- Orbit Baby, Inc: Recall began November 22, 2013. Faulty component in the StrongArm Knob component of certain models could spin or detach. Could cause seat to not be properly secured.
Previous Recalls That May Affect Your Car Seat
Owners should have been contacted by the manufacturer for the following recalls issued within the past two years:
- Evenflo Company, Inc. – began October 2012, car seats packaged without instruction manual, risk of incorrect installation; and
- Britax Child Safety, Inc. – began November 2012, material on chest pad is soft enough to be chewed or bitten, creating choking hazard.
Parents can help reduce the chance of a child injury by using the appropriate type of car seat. But it’s almost important to know how to correctly install it, learn if it’s been the subject of a recall, and how child safety seat laws may apply. Contact Jason R. Schultz in Peachtree City if a defective car seat was the cause of a child’s injuries.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "2013 Child Car Seats Recalls"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."