First Aid after a Dog Attack in Georgia
After you or your child has been the victim of a dog attack in Georgia, the most important thing to do is get immediate medical attention.
If the wounds are serious or there is any question about whether or not the dog has rabies, call 9-1-1, but in the meantime follow these first aid tips if you are physically capable:
- Minor wounds - if you are certain there is no danger of rabies and if the dog bite hardly breaks the skin, wash with soapy water and apply antibiotic cream and a bandage, then observe for infection.
- When infection is present - signs of infection include redness, swelling, oozing and pain. If infection is present, get medical attention.
- Deep wounds - if the dog bite leaves a puncture wound, or if your skin is terribly lacerated and bleeding, use a clean cloth to apply pressure to stop the bleeding while you wait for medical treatment.
- Suspected rabies - if you don't know whether the attacking animal has rabies, see a doctor immediately.
If your injuries are moderate or severe, you should consult with a Turin dog attack attorney to discuss filing a dog bite claim. Your attorney can conduct a thorough investigation to determine whether the dangerous dog's owner was negligent. If it can be proven that the dog's owner was negligent, you might be able to receive compensation for:
- current an future medical expenses;
- lost earnings; and
- pain and suffering.
To learn more about dog bite laws in Georgia, visit our article library.
Contacting a Turin Dog Attack Attorney
Once you receive first aid after a dog attack in Georgia, you should consult with a Turin dog attack attorney. As the victim of a dog bite in Georgia, you have rights the insurance companies cannot ignore. Since they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 404-474-0804.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "First Aid after a Dog Attack in Georgia"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."