When a Child is Injured in a Bike Accident in Villa Rica, Georgia (Part A)
A bike accident in Villa Rica, Georgia is unfortunately common. There are many types of accidents than can occur on the road that can put children at risk if they are riding on the streets. If your child is in an accident and injured, it's important that you meet with a Carroll County child injury lawyer to review your child's case. If the accident was the fault of the driver, then a personal injury claim may lead to compensation for your child's injuries.
Bike Accident in Villa Rica, Georgia: Different Types of Accidents
There are several scenarios that may result in a bike accident that could seriously injure your child. Being familiar with the different types of accidents can be helpful when you meet with a Carroll County child injury lawyer to determine who was at fault for the accident. This knowledge can also help prevent accidents from happening in the future.
Some common types of bike accidents include the following:
- right cross - when a car is pulling out of a side street/parking lot/driveway quickly and unexpectedly in front of the biker;
- door prize - when a driver of a vehicle is parked on the side or shoulder of a road and opens his or her door in front of a biker;
- crosswalk slam - when a biker is on the sidewalk and crosses the street at a crosswalk and a vehicle makes a turn right into the biker;
- wrong-way wreck - when a biker is riding against traffic and a car turns into the biker because they didn't expect anyone to be traveling from that direction; and
- right hook - when a car passes you to make a right turn but they're not going fast enough to clear you completely, leading to a collision.