5 Things Not to Do After a Dog Bite Attack in Forest Park, Georgia
If you're one the thousands of Americans who suffer a dog bite each year, get quick medical attention and verify the dog's rabies status. You'll also want to talk to a Forest Park dog bite lawyer about filing a claim for your dog bite attack in Forest Park, Georgia, to see if you're eligible for compensation.
There are several things that you don't want to do if you've sustained a dog bite attack in Forest Park, Georgia:
- Panic - Your instincts may cause you to panic and try to pull free, but this can cause the dog to latch on harder. It's better to use a stick or nearby object to put in the dog's mouth, which could cause him to gag and release.
- Neglect Locating the Dog - If you don't locate the dog or contact your local Animal Control, rabies, a life-threatening disease, may become a top concern.
- Delaying Medical Treatment - Seek immediate medical treatment to avoid infections and scarring.
- Legal Mistakes - It's best to consult an attorney to determine if you can seek compensation for your injuries, instead of just trying to handle tricky Georgia liability laws on your own.
- Insurance Mistakes - Avoid discussing money or settlement issues with insurance company until you've spoken with your attorney to avoid unwittingly forfeiting your rights.
The best things you can do are to take care of your physical concerns, and then talk to a Forest Park dog bite lawyer about your legal concerns. If a dog owner is responsible for you injuries, you should make yourself aware of your legal rights.
Contacting a Forest Park Dog Bite Attorney
Panicking, neglecting medical attention, and not seeking legal advice are some of the worst things you can do after a dog bite attack in Forest Park, Georgia. As the victim of a dog bite attack, you have rights that the insurance companies cannot ignore. While they have a team of lawyers working on their side, shouldn't you have experienced legal representation fighting for your best interests? Before accepting any settlement offer, contact the Law Offices of Jason Schultz to schedule a FREE consultation on your case - 1-404-474-0804.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "5 Things Not to Do After a Dog Bite Attack in Forest Park, Georgia"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."